fork bkg

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sometimes it's a good thing when we gain weight

I was feeling discouraged because my eating has been off and in two weeks I gained 3.4 lbs.  I felt myself slipping and didn't know how to turn it around.  I mean I know how, truly I KNOW how but something was making it so difficult. 

I knew the answer was simple, it was my food choices.  I had been doing sooooo good with only eating clean foods then something changed.  I really can't put my finger on the "one" thing or the "exact" thing that caused my eating habits to shift.  But, they did and I have been struggling to get back to clean eating.

My workouts have been great, I am committed to exercise and have been keeping up with my routines.

Last Saturday I went to UA BootCamp at 9:00 am then headed to Weight Watchers at 10:30 am for my weekly weigh in.  Just before I stepped on the scale the voices in my head said "whatever the number is on the scale"  it is going to motivate me to get on track and go to another exercise class or it's going to make me feel defeated and I'm heading straight to a restaurant, no holds barred.

So, as I stepped on the scale I announced that I would be up by 4 lbs. - 6 lbs.  I guess I was already feeling defeated and was ready to be validated for what I believed to be true.  She smiled at me and said no, you gained .02 lbs. 

WHAT???  Um, what???  No way!!!!  I really didn't believe her, ...I was SO sure that I had gained all those extra pounds that hearing point two put me into complete shock. 

Yes, I gained weight, but .02 felt like such a good thing.  This was just the push I needed to turn things around.  I felt so motivated and happy with my results.  As I walked out the door I recalled my choices just before the weigh in and I immediately choose to head straight over to an 11:00 am "kickboxing" class!

So, sometimes gaining weight can be a good thing, ...it really helped me to get back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment