fork bkg

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Clean-eating celebration

I strive to only eat healthy foods but when following any food plan, ...I find that it takes time and it's a process.  I've learned that to be successful at incorporating a food plan as a lifestyle you have to figure out what "works" for you. I am still trying to figure it out, but I am excited that the 10x10 Challenge has really put food choices back into perspective for me.

I joined Weight Watchers in March 2011 and really started following the program in June 2011.  I tracked my foods and counted my points and the program worked.  Each week I lost weight until around November 2011.  I was tracking less and less and my weight was staying the same.  Going into the holidays, I didn't really mind.  I was happy to be able to maintain than to gain.

So, after the first of the year, I just couldn't seem to get back on track.  Well, tracking that is.  I was feeling discouraged that I was not loosing any more weight and was becoming obsessed with food and the scale.  So, I took a month long break from the food plan and the scale.  I ate mostly healthy foods and I increased my fitness routines.  At the end of the month my results showed that I gained 1 lb.

I tried to go back to eating according to the WW plan but have finally come to the conclusion that it's no longer right for me.  Although I feel it's a sound plan I feel that it is missing a 'key" component to the program.  Sugar.  Yes, sugar.  I think that the points plan should include combinations of carbs, protein, fat, fiber and sugar.

I've thought about cancelling my membership but I am so close to reaching my Lifetime Goal Weight according to Weight Watchers that I feel that I just can't quit.  It's a great resource and I enjoy the friends I've made along the way.  So for me, WW is now the place for me to weigh in and check my progress on the scale.  My home scale remains "hidden" so I have no more worries about obsessing about the numbers on the scale.

As for eating, I am most happy with eating clean foods.  I know it's okay to have an occasional treat/cheat of something sweet or processed but as for my every day food choices I'd rather eat fresh fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean protein. 

I discovered Tosca's clean-eating program 7 months ago today.   Wow, has it really been that long?  Well, since then I have discovered many more people (now friends) who follow the same healthy guidelines of clean-eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment