fork bkg

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Skipping work-outs

Yes, I know it's hard to believe but I have been skipping work-outs this week, ...and on purpose!

I think it's good when you push your body and discover that you can do more than you thought you could.  But, you need to be smart about how far to push and realize when to pull back if your body feels like you may have pushed passed it's limitations.

I injured my knee last February while training for a 1/2 Marathon.  And, I guess I have never really allowed it to heal completely because I am so committed (some might say obsessed) with my fitness regimen.

Anyway, last Saturday I did an hour of BootCamp then an hour of Kick-boxing and followed these up with a 5K race.  I rested all day Sunday (Mother's Day) and then jumped back into BootCamp at 5:30 am Monday morning.  I noticed during my work-out that it was starting to bother me. 

I decided to skip my Monday and Tuesday work-outs and jump back in on Wednesday morning.  I woke up this morning and decided to add a couple more days of rest.  So, no work-out for me this morning or this evening or tomorrow.  Keeping my fingers crossed for Friday morning BootCamp.



No comments:

Post a Comment